What to consider before choosing your commercial garage door
Depending on your business, if you are in the market for a new garage door there are few things to consider before making your purchase.
- A big feature to consider is will it be manually operated or will it be automatic? Depending your business type and building, you may want to consider how often will it be opened and closed, does it stay open and is it a high traffic area.
- Consider the environment and weather, and choose a garage door that can withstand the elements as well as provide maximum functionality for your business.
- Identify your space. For example – sectional garage doors will require more space.
- Does it satisfy all your security needs?
- Ease of use and maintenance – For example, consider regular professional servicing
- Warranty! Make sure the companies you purchase from provide warranty repair and servicing.
Rollers can be found typically on homes, storage facilities, restaurants, retail outlets or any commercial building that does not have enough space for a sectional garage door. Unlike the sectional door, roller doors require a lot less space to be stored when they are open and make it an excellent choice for any small business that does not have the required storage space.
- Roller doors are versatile and can be operated manually or automatically.
- Are extremely durable and are built to last, with neoprene weather seals preventing moisture from entering your garage or business.
- Requires minimal maintenance and repairs.
- Can be installed to meet fire escape requirements.
- Can be expensive depending on style, insulation options and installation fees.
- Is prone to dents if it is aluminum.
- Insulated doors are heavier than non-insulated.
Sectional garage doors are made up of 3 to 8 panels – depending on size of entrance, and are lifted using a track system that can be operated manually or automatically through a motor. They are commonly used in warehouses, car washes, car yards, high traffic building and even homes. Sectional doors are can be produced from many different materials including, steel, aluminum, copper, glass and vinyl.
- Extremely energy efficient
- Very durable and made to endure the harshest of elements, reduces all wind noise and allows for insulation to be applied.
- Depending on style choice – can also provide excellent natural lighting and reducing the amount of artificial light required.
- Sectional doors are quite versatile and allow users to operate the door manually and automatically. Can also be used with cars or objects very close to the door.
- Requires significant overhead or back space to allow for the door to rest when the garage is open.
- Regular maintenance is required to ensure rubber seals and lubrication on the tracks is intact.
- Can be quite costly to repair if there is an operational fault within the whole system.
Choosing the perfect garage door for your business can get quite overwhelming, especially when there so many different styles and designs, as well as catering for the functionality of your operation. This is where custom made doors are a great alternative where you can choose exactly what you want it to look like and exactly how you want it to operate. If you are still undecided and nothing in the market appeals to you and your business, contact the professionals at Gryphon Garage Doors where they provide a wide range of customizable options and excellent customer service.
We have plenty of options for you to choose from. Get in touch with us and we’ll organise a free on-site visit so we can discuss your needs and options to quote you accordingly.